Hello folks! Remember me!? Yup, I'm back! It's been over 2 years since my last post and I've finally found some time and energy to get back to my beloved blog. I've had many moments over the last few years where I was determined to give up on EMLWY. I almost didn't want to share my life with anyone besides those closest to me. I received lots of messages in my time away off ladies needing to know they weren't alone and having had some set backs in my own health I eventually found that I once again needed the support of you lovely lot too. So I've spent some time updating the blog and getting my head around this whole technical malarkey once again and now I'm back with not only one post for you, but other posts in the pipeline! Go hard or go home, right!?

I probably left you all at the worst possible time, halfway through our round of IVF! A pivotal moment not only in my life but also for the blog! So, I guess the BIG thing to mention first and foremost is that I am indeed a mama! If you follow me on Instagram you'll have seen my hundreds of photos of the little man already, but for those of you who don't, I guess I should introduce our dude...


Hunter Ace burst in to the world on Christmas Eve 2014 and he is now a walking, talking/shouting 16 month old toddler! Our lives have changed so much since we became parents and this one has brought so much love and laughter to our home. I'll update you all on the rest of our IVF treatment and my pregnancy in a separate post because there is A LOT to cover! Let's just say, it didn't go quite as smoothly as I imagined it would!


Besides Hunter, I guess really not much else has changed. Me and Danny have been together for 6 years this week, living together for over half that now. We've moved house since I last posted and we now have a very nice family home in a beautiful little village. We not only became parents in 2014, but also welcomed a new nephew to the world after Danny's brother and his girlfriend announced they were expecting a few days after us! I'm still in the same position with regards to work and benefits - however, now Hunter is getting a little more independent I'm able to find the time to start some little sidelines and bring in a few pennies here and there myself. Danny's had a promotion at work and his success has definitely made it easier for us. I still don't know what the future holds work wise though. I had to attend a tribunal against the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) in October 2014 which I won and that granted me some relief from their incessant assessments - until December this year anyway. I don't know what will happen then though. Everything is a little up in the air because my health is all over the place.

After having Hunter, I decided I wanted to breastfeed. In most cases, breastfeeding means your periods shouldn't return for a good while. For some, it's years before they menstruate again. Me? 4 months. That's all I got! They started light and reasonably regular and I hoped that the pregnancy had somehow re-set everything for me. Yeah, how I was wrong! I'm still now on a period that started in November last year. Apart from the odd day here and there, I've been bleeding for over 6 months. I'm exhausted with it. On top of that, a few months after having Hunter, I started having problems with my knees. I'd be so stiff I could hardly walk down the stairs and this only developed over time. I eventually went to see a doctor who ran a long list of tests and when they all came back clear she determined I had fibromyalgia. By this point, I was having problems with not just my knees, but my entire body, and the fatigue was unreal. I was referred on to a Rheumatologist, one I'd been under the care of before, and 2 weeks ago I finally received confirmation that I do indeed have fibromyalgia, along with a new diagnosis of borderline osteoporosis (as opposed to osteopenia) and finally, a reason for my hip problems - trochanteric bursitis - for which I'll be having a steroid injection for in a few months time. I've started on some medication for the fibromyalgia and so far the 10mg dosage of Amitriptyline I take every night has greatly improved the pain. Though it's absolutely knocked me for six!! I can take up to 30mg at the moment but the 10mg dosage has left me feeling like a dry mouthed tearful zombie for the last few weeks and I've been finding it a real rollercoaster. Some days I feel fine, whereas others I'm a total spacehead, feeling so sick and poorly I have to go to bed early, only hoping it passes.

Anyway, that's a brief overview of what's been happening. I really hope you are all well. I have lots to write about and a lot of emails to reply to so keep your eyes peeled folks! I'm so looking forward to getting back in to this!

S.